DOCTORS OR GOD?
My wife, Lisa, just shared something with me that made my day. She said that she has copied into her journal a few verses from the book of Proverbs, and she reads them every day. Because Lisa and I have turned away from Mainstream Medicine (MM), we look only to God and our own sincere efforts for maintaining our health. Pause for a moment, please, and these few verses from Proverbs 3 which Lisa treasures.
3:1 "My Son, forget not my laws; but let thine heart keep my words; for length of existence and years of life, and peace, shall they add to thee. Let not mercy and truth forsake thee; but bind them about thy neck; so shalt thou find favour; and do thou provide things honest in the sight of the Lord, and of men.
3:5 "Trust in God with all thine heart; and be not exalted in thine own wisdom. In all thy ways acquaint thyself with her [God's wisdom], that she may rightly direct thy paths. Be not wise in thine own conceit; but fear God, and depart from all evil. Then shall there be health to thy body, and good keeping to thy bones.
3:9 "Honour the Lord with thy just labours, and give Him the first of thy fruits of righteousness; that thy storehouses may be completely filled with corn, and that thy presses may burst forth with wine.
3:11 "My son, despise not the chastening of the Lord; nor faint when thou art rebuked of him; for whom the Lord loves, he rebukes, and scourges every son whom he receives.
3:13 "Blessed is the man who has found wisdom, and the mortal who knows prudence. For it is better to traffic for her than for treasures of gold and silver. And she is more valuable than precious stones; no evil thing shall resist her; she is well known to all that approach her, and no precious thing is equal to her in value. For length of existence and years of life are in her right hand; and in her left hand are wealth and glory; out of her mouth proceeds righteousness, and she carries law and mercy upon her tongue. Her ways are good ways, and all her paths are peaceful. She is a tree of life to all that lay hold upon her; and she is a secure help to all that stay themselves on her, as on the Lord.
3:21 "My son, let not my counsel and understanding pass from thee, but keep them; that thy soul may live, and that there may be grace round thy neck; and it shall be health to thy flesh, and safety to thy bones; that thou mayest go confidently in peace in all thy ways, and that thy foot may not stumble. For if thou rest, thou shalt be undismayed; and if thou sleep, thou shalt slumber sweetly. And thou shalt not be afraid of alarm coming upon thee, neither of approaching attacks of ungodly men. For the Lord shall be over all thy ways, and shall establish thy foot that thou be not moved." (From the Greek Septuagint Bible of 285BC, the Bible used by Jesus and His disciples)
Oh, how easy it is to read over passages like that when casually reading the Bible! And then, when someone points it out, it is as though a rich treasure is set into your lap.
Right away, my thoughts turned to the great dependence on Mainstream Medicine our people have yielded to. Most of our people have placed their health and their lives in the hands of MM which admits it does not attempt to cure any ailment but only treats symptoms. Huge portions of incomes, especially of the elderly, now go to the Medicine Lords. Many elderly people sit alone and hungry because their monthly checks go first for prescription drugs which their doctors claim are absolutely necessary for their lives. Their quality of life is completely gone, replaced with misery, doctors, and pills. Picture in your own mind an aged person reading his/her Bible daily, praying often, and then trusting doctors with their lives instead of God. I cry in frustration and anger at the sadness in that scene. I want to shake them and say, "Do you fear death so much that you won't trust Him who welcomes you through that glorious door at the end of your life? Do you think about what you are doing by trusting doctors more than God? Do you not believe that your life will end when God chooses, regardless of how much you pay your Medicine Lords to extend it?"
Lisa and I are 67 years old now, and we haven't used doctor's care for nearly fifteen years because we've taken our health into our own hands, with guidance from God. While MM doesn't attempt to cure any ailment, most serious ailments ARE cured fairly easily by Alternative Treatment methods (Natural or Holistic medicine). Let me share with you a little information about Mainstream Medicine that you might not know.
I already mentioned that doctors only treat symptoms. That means if something is causing you pain, they give you pain pills rather than attempting to correct the problem which caused the pain. If arteries are clogged, they roto-root them or bypass them rather than eliminating the plaque by simple and natural methods. If the thyroid gland is impaired, they remove it and you must take a medicine (synthroid) for the rest of your life to do what the thyroid used to do; rather than directing you to take a little iosol (iodine), which can restore the thyroid to health. If you develop sugar-diabetes, they prescribe a lifelong medicinal treatment program rather than suggesting a change in diet which cures diabetes within a few weeks. Many effective cures for cancer have been found, but all have been outlawed in the U.S. Etc., etc. It's their business which they are nurturing, not your health! Thou shalt have no other health gods before MM. A respected and highly-skilled physician told me, in a private and personal conversation, that it would be a 180 degree turnabout for MM to think of cures rather than treatment of symptoms.
Dr. Mercola (www.mercola.com) published a six part series of articles in July 2004 which revealed that iatrogenics (errors by physicians, surgeons or medical treatments) is the leading cause of death in the U.S., above even cancer or heart-disease. Back in the year 2,000, iatrogenics was the Third Leading Cause of Death. In 2006 it is now in first place. Mercola published the research of the following team: Gary Null PhD, Carolyn Dean MD ND, Martin Feldman MD, Debora Rasio MD, and Dorothy Smith PhD. You can do an internet search for details. Their research concluded the following numbers for ANNUAL UNNECESSARY MEDICAL EVENTS: in hospitals (people affected = 8.9 million, of which 1.78 million die), by medical procedures (people affected = 7.5 million, of which 1.3 million die). Total average annual deaths by medical errors = 3.08 million.
Now, I ask you this: would you eat from a restaurant buffet table if you knew that one of the items would kill you. Even if you were starving, would you pay an exorbitant price to eat from that buffet table? If you are having a health problem, would you go to Mainstream Medicine if the danger of fatality is equally risky?
THE DREADFUL HEALTH INQUISITION is the title of an article published in the Journal of Preventative and Alternative Medicine, vol. 4/No. 1, page 3 (318 Indian Trace, #102, Weston, FL 33326).
It is a lengthy article which provides a lot of information about this crisis. For instance, according to the "American Heart Association, heart and circulatory diseases cost Americans more than $150 billion a year. This is about $2,000 per family for the treatment, but not the cure, of heart disease alone!" What is so outrageous is that cholesterol/plaque buildup in arteries can be easily removed by some simple dietary changes and some natural chelation supplements. But, MM would lose your business if they suggested such things. Worse is the fact that any doctor who dares to suggest natural therapies will be attacked by the AMA and the U.S. Government. Recommended readings on this subject are THE MEDICAL MAFIA, by Quebec physician, Guylaine Lanctot; and THE MEDICAL RACKET by New York Times bestselling author, Martin L. Gross. Perhaps the best book on the subject is RACKETEERING IN MEDICINE, by Dr. James P. Carter, M.D., Dr.PH. He is a medical school professor. Dr. Carter writes, "The American public has no idea how politics secretly control the practice of medicine. If a doctor dares to introduce a natural, less costly method, no matter how safe or effective, Organized American Medicine can target this doctor for license revocation using fear tactics and legal maneuverings. Why do holistic therapies threaten medicine? --They involve a major change in scientific thought, --They imply that the current methods are inadequate, and --They threaten huge profits of a powerful branch of medicine or a drug company." Regarding bypass surgeries and balloon angioplasty, he describes how those money making methods brought fame and fortune to heart specialists, surgeons, and the hospital industry. "No one is disputing the fact that these procedures save lives, but, at the same time, the effectiveness of such hi-tech discoveries were never actually proven to increase the lifespan of patients by unbiased studies."
WHAT? Did he say that studies show no increase in lifespans for patients who suffered the terrors of modern science? Then, why pay your money and suffering for no benefit to your lifespan? The above article goes on to relate horror stories of many doctors and individuals who were prosecuted for attempting to promote natural cures for ailments which instead make doctors rich by simply treating the symptoms. The U.S. legal system protects the doctors, hospitals, and drug companies.
Christian friends, does the above mean anything to you? Will you think about it? Will you ponder whether God might be more worthy of your trust than the medical exploiters? Or will you run to your doctor at the first sign of discomfort?
I think most readers' immediate response to the above would be something like: "yeah, it's easy for Roger to be so arrogant; he doesn't have my problem!" And you are right! What's more, I don't expect to have such problems, UNLESS God wills it. I am totally confident that if I do the best that I can for myself in the care of this body which is His Temple, then whatever He wills for me is simply that: His will. My life belongs to Him, and He can end it at any moment with or without my consent. It's easier for me that I give my consent in advance, without any reservations. I go to bed each night asking that He let me come home, and I sleep peacefully, happy in the thought that I might get to go home. Each morning, I look at the new day excitedly, thinking it is one more chance to express Him through my life. I don't care what the day brings; I'll do the best that I can, happily and enthusiastically, and then will be content when evening comes. I ask you to ponder whether I should change my attitude and call upon doctors to trespass into this Temple which belongs to God. For me it is a matter of SECURITY; where should I place my trust, Mammon or God? Insurance or Faith? Doctors or Prayer? I feel much more secure with God than risking that medical buffet table.
Since 1992 I've carried a card in my wallet, in view next to my driver's license, which reads: "EMERGENCY I hereby REFUSE any medical care beyond first aid at the scene and transport home. I have no insurance and refuse to pay any hospital or doctor bills. I am not responsible for consents I sign while impaired by pain or drugs. It is known by my family & attorney that I carry this card."
If you need some worldly reasons to consider turning your life over to God, let me share this with you. I don't pay $88 per month from my Social Security for Medicare Part B. Further, I don't have any medical insurance payments. I don't drive to town to visit a doctor, nor to pharmacies to buy prescriptions. And I don't suffer the health anguishes from trusting in doctors instead of God. I enjoy working outdoors on my little farm, caring for my cow and a couple pigs and some chickens, putting up fences, digging waterline trench, mowing grass, hauling bags of feed, etc. Last winter I began building a small house for my father-in-law on December 10. He moved into it on February 22. I built it by myself, (had some help with the sheetrock) during the winter, in snow and cold. I'm 67.
In the end, all I can say to you or anyone is that if you like your state of health under the Medicine Lords, you might want to stay with them. But, if you aren't happily looking toward a long and healthy future, you might consider switching allegiances. If you feel fearful about abandoning MM in order to trust an intangible God, you might read again the excerpt from the book of Proverbs, above, to see what promises God WANTS to fulfill, if you will let Him.
Finally, if you abandon medicines with disastrous results and wish to sue me for bad medical advice, be advised that I am not a licensed medical practitioner of any kind, and that I don't advise you or anyone to try this. This article is ONLY for one who seeks a closer relationship with God; and might find an incentive here toward that end.
return to Index
MY CRITCISM OF THE MEDICAL INDUSTRY (this note added June 3, 2007)
First, I must warn a reader that this article condemns the entire health care industry as it is practiced by Mainstream Medicine (MM), the pharmaceutical companies, and AMA. If you work in that industry, you likely consider your work to be humane, caring, loving, and extremely necessary. You have seen the many traumas which humans can suffer; youíve seen the pain and the grief, the debilitation, and the bankrupting costs of disease. You can hardly envision our society without your essential industry. But, I can! Your industry is less than a century old. Prior to the development of synthetic medicines, people took care of themselves. They used folk remedies, many of which were only worthless in comparison to modern medicines which are dangerous. More importantly, they accepted the natural process of life with its injuries and problems until they died of old age. And it was natural, just as it had been for countless thousands of years. People were not kept alive for endless years of misery and an absence of what we call "quality of life." Because of more natural (non-chemicalized) diets, the development of senile dementia (Alzheimers) was quite rare. And families cared for their own elderly without being bankrupted by obscene costs. I, personally, would rather live and die in such natural conditions as those of our ancestors than to devote my health and my wealth to the modern medical industry. Further, I wish that the modern practitioners were actually sincerely compassionate, but they are not. Certainly, a few in the lower ranks might have honorable ideals, but the chemical and business industries which govern health-care absolutely do not have any honor at all; they are deliberately exploiting humans as their victims for mercenary values. They are destroying more lives than they help. Below are some important points I wish to make.
1. The quality of my health is directly proportionate to the distance between me and the Mainstream Medicine physicians. After all, they do have a vested interest in ill health! Duhhh. They have NO incentive to promote good health.
2. FACT: Even doctors who are not intentionally malicious are forced to limit their work to treatment of symptoms only; cures are prohibited at the risk of loss of license. This is no secret; it just isnít spoken. A physician friend told me that attempts to "cure" would be a 180 degree turn from present practice.
3. FACT: Nearly every ailment, including diabetes, cardiovascular, arthritis, and cancer, are results of free radical damage. A doctor with a conscience would direct patients to reduce free radical damage and thereby find himself cured. But, he wasnít taught that in medical school. We might wonder why. Detoxification would also be a primary therapy. It is fairly simple and very effective for anyone willing to take responsibility for his own life.
4. FACT: Iatrogenics (errors by physicians) is the LEADING cause of death in the U.S., even above heart disease, or cancer. The recent massive research project which revealed this fact is not publicized. This means that going into a hospital is much like feeding from a large banquet table on which random-unlabeled items are fatal. It would be stupid to patronize such a restaurant. Or, another analogy: going to a hospital is like playing Russian Roulette, an action that most would also consider to be stupid. Going to a hospital is no less stupid.
5. The above facts, alone, make MM a crime-in-progress against the people ó actually homicide, a felony. MM poison pushers and slashers damage the lives of more people than all the street-drug pushers across our nation. They are soldiers in an army which fights against societyís wounded souls.
6. AMA definition: Association of Mercenary Assassins.
7. In ancient Greek mythology, Asclepius was killed by Zeus for trying to make men immortal. Zeus did right, because we should not seek an extension of life in this hell which we call World. Jesus taught us to despise it and die to it in order that we might attain a higher level of life than this miserable existence we mistakenly call Life.
8. How can we think well of workers in the medical industry who promote such crime? Including willing participant nurses, accountants, receptionists, administrators, et al.
9. While legislators make laws against other felonious crimes, we should wonder why they wink at and favor this syndicated enterprise of mass destruction.
10. FACT: Most serious life-threatening diseases of our time are easily CURED by alternative therapies and diet. So, we see the Union of Physicians (AMA) fighting hard to outlaw all effective curative therapies! That the masses can overlook that malicious effort forces the conclusion that perhaps the masses truly are stupid, or perhaps just innocent and naive, for trusting the wolf to be a sheep as he claims to be.
11. FACT: Cholesterol is merely a symptom of free-radical damage. Cholesterol deposits are the bodyís attempt to protect damaged tissue. Cholesterol reducing drugs treat only the symptom, and leave the artery wall thinner and dangerously exposed. The curative therapy would be to stop free-radical damage, thereby permitting the body to heal the tissue and to eliminate the deposits which then become unnecessary. MM is opposed to curative therapies. Sale of statins makes billions of dollars profit for pharmaceutical companies which fight to make cures illegal. And, since cholesterol is absolutely essential to the brain, we are seeing an increase in mental dysfunctions with the promotion of cholesterol-lowering statins.
12. FACT: Staph infections are huge money-makers for hospitals. Staphylococcus germs thrive in hospitals, especially in surgery rooms where open incisions get infected. Staph germs die at temps above 111 degrees Fahrenheit. So, it would be easy to rid a surgery room of that terrible danger by heating the room to 115 degrees for 15 minutes occasionally. BUT, that would eliminate one of MMís big money-makers! In 1990, when I had leg surgery following an accident, a drug resistant staphylococcus took residence in the bone splices. The most powerful (and perhaps the most expensive) antibiotic available, vancomycin, could not defeat the infection. The prognosis was bad. So, I heated up my Jacuzzi to 115 degrees and placed my left leg into it for fifteen minutes. The staph was killed; I was cured. Fortunately, AMA did not file a lawsuit against me for violating their rule against cures. Notice that they donít have a rule against giving their victims deadly infections! Nor do they apologize; nor do they absorb the costs of their own errors. Rather, they benefit hugely by permitting staph infections to flourish. Application of heat to a localized area of the body could kill staph infections, but that procedure would be quickly outlawed if it became known.
13. FACT: Any hospital room or doctorís office could be sanitized with air-purifiers which not only cleanse the air but kill all the bacteria in the room. These are available for about $200 each, and very effective (like EdenPure). Do you wonder why they arenít used?
14. FACT: Many years ago, after Pasteur and the knowledge about pathogenic bacteria, the plague of diseases which spread inside hospitals was halted by the simple practices of washing the hands and instruments of doctors. Since the development of antibiotics, those cleanliness habits have been largely discontinued - simply because antibiotics can treat most germs. Therefore, it is a money-maker to spread germs throughout hospitals. Win-win for the mercenaries!
15. In spite of laws which favor the killing business of MM, while I live I claim the right to choose the Great Physician for my personal care, in lieu of the mercenary MM. By doing this, I need pay no insurance premiums; I need not fear maltreatment; I make no vehicle trips, costing gasoline and time, to the dangerously polluted environment of hospitals; I need not fear loss of "quality of life" in old age due to pharmaceutical poisons; I can CURE any ailments without fear of lawsuits from AMA. My way is win-win for me!
16. And finally, besides promoting the correction of free-radical damage, and proper diet (NOT the modern government-approved nutrition!), a moral/ethical society of integrity and freedom WOULD PERMIT citizens to obtain pain medications as needed like in the old days when everyone had some laudanum at home (itís not the governmentís business), and to obtain the few good medicines without prescriptions (extortion by doctors). Because we have all suffered toxic accumulations from pesticides and thousands of other chemicals, we do encounter problems in old age. One example is a deficiency of vitamin B12. Itís a totally safe vitamin with NO danger of overdose damage, even with injections. Yet, it could provide the elderly with youthful energy. Here is a simple therapy with huge benefits! Physicians use it for themselves, but rarely recommend it to patients. We should all be able to buy it OTC for self-injections. Why aren't we permitted to take responsibility for our own lives? This one totally safe therapy could dramatically change the situation for the elderly in our society. And there are so many more therapies which are withheld from the people because they promote health rather than illness. That is an indictment against most everyone in the falsely so-called "health care" industry. The argument of AMA is that the use of medicines should be controlled because some of them are dangerous. I respond with the argument that I should have the right to be responsible for my own health, and if I act stupidly the consequences are my own. And, I certainly should not trust doctors, whose actions have been proven to be the leading cause of death in our nation, to control what medicines I may or may not use.
I would say to a government "of the people, by the people, and for the people" (if one ever again happens upon this planet), to let me be free to care for myself, and to stay out of my way! My life is my own business, and I will choose whom else I might trust with it. My life belongs to me, not to a government nor beaurocratic exploiters nor medical mercenaries. Freedom is an empty word unless I am free to direct my own life as I choose - so long as I don't infringe on another.
by Roger Hathaway, 1125 Goldfinch Lane, Jewell Ridge, VA 24622
Addendum: August 22, 2009
For those of you who actually care what the Bible says about things like the above, I want to point you to Galatians 5:20 & 21. I will paste the text of those two verses below. Most of our people have been brain-conditioned to fear natural therapies, holistic medicine, herbal remedies and anything that is not approved by the pharmaceutical industry. We look to pharmaceuticals for silver bullets which will treat or cure everything. If modern science can't maintain your health, then it is certain that no primitive witch-doctor snake-oil cures can do it! Isn't that what most people believe?
Friends, we've been duped again. The Bible sternly condemns the magicians for their tricks; it teaches us not to look for magic cures which can be done to us to fix something we have broken by abusing our bodies. In the following text from Galatians 5, you will see that the English word "sorcery" is used as a translation for the Greek word φαρμακεια (pharmaceia). While the Bible admonishes against using medicines as magic cures, it is the huge pharmaceutical industry which commands a large percentage of many persons' incomes. Pharmaceuticals are those little magics which treat a symptom without ever addressing the cause behind that symptom. Let each person compare the amount he/she spends on the god named Pharmaceia with the amount spent in God's service. Which god is worshiped with desperate intensity, and which gets mere lip service? Now, read the text of the passage: "Now the works of the flesh appear as: adultery, fornication, immorality, idolatry, sorcery (φαρμακεια), enmities, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of anger, selfish ambitions, dissensions, factions, envies, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and things like these; which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you before that those who do such things will not inherit the kingdom of God."
return to Index